Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Writer's Resources and A Publishing Opportunity

Welcome back everyone!  Today I'm gonna share a few links to some groovy sites that help with writer's tips and reference material.

First, however, I want to let you all know about World Weaver Press's open submission that began today!  Click here for their submissions main page and all the links to their requirements for fiction, anthologies and non-fiction.  It's going until the end of summer, so all that writing you've been doing during the winter can finally see the sun!  I know I'll be brushing up my work and submitting it.

Now, onto a few links of reference I like to use when I'm writing.

I'm a huge fan of mythology and classics, so this website is a great piece of reference.  Encyclopedia Mythica is fantastic whether you want inspiration to create your own pantheon or are using already established mythology.  It's a great tool.  This link is to their search engine, but you can go to the sidebar if you just want to browse.

This next link is for those of us who hated grammar studies but love to write.  Daily Writing Tips is a great way to learn the subtle ins and outs of the English language to improve your skills as well as increase your vocabulary.  Not only a resource for fiction writers, it also helps with business aspects and hosts book reviews.  It has a very simple layout that is easy to navigate.

Finally, this last link is for Writing Forward, a website dedicated to all types of writing.  The exact link is to fiction writing exercises that I will be using off and on in here.  They feel a bit dry, but are straightforward and useful in developing areas you feel are lacking in your writing.  And don't be afraid to check out their tips for correcting grammar or using their writing prompts to get your brain flowing towards writing your own work.

I tried to keep it short and sweet today, hope you all enjoy!  Let me know in the comments or by e-mail if you have any useful links or reference material.  I'd love to see what other writers find useful!  Until next time, godspeed and good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about our open submission period! I've not tried Daily Writing Tips, but I think I will. I also like "Grammar Girl" on Quick and Dirty Tips for quick grammar: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/

    ReplyDelete

Howdy!

My photo
Hey everyone, and thanks for stopping at my small corner of the internet. I'm a budding writer, so I will be using this space to put useful writing links and tips, posting writing exercises, and any other thing that piques my interest. Hope you enjoy! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook: Twitter: @bczubinski, Pinterest: bczubinski, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/brandon.czubinski