Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Rundown

Hello again everyone, and welcome back!  Today is a BIG day for geeks everywhere.  Not only do we have the release of the long awaited Avengers movie, but it's also Star Wars Day!  May the Fourth Be With You!  The link above is to movietickets.com so you can snatch up your tickets before they run out.


Now, on to the three things I wanted to recommend to you all so you don't have to spend the whole weekend on Facebook.

First on my list is a blog I have recently discovered.  For all of you who don't know, I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Psychology, so anything to do with that field gets my attention.  Psyblog is a professionally moderated and posted blog with all the cool new discoveries psychologists in every field are finding.  They post about studies involving the development of babies to ergonomics to tips on how to be a great leader.  I will warn you, at the time of this posting their main page was having difficulties, so the link above leads to their latest article and you can find your way around the blog that way.  A great blog full of information about your noggin and development, I highly recommend visiting and showing your support!

Second, I'd like to recommend one of my all-time favorite quintets by one of my favorite authors.  If you've never heard of Greg Keyes (he also goes by J. Gregory Keyes), you are seriously missing out.  He studied anthropology, so in all of his novels his world-building is top notch, and the story flows perfectly.  Check out The Briar King, the first in the Kingdom of Thorn and Bone series.  It's high fantasy set in a world that seems eerily similar to Earth, and the end of the world is coming.  I don't want to get to far into it and ruin anything, but it's got mythical creatures, moral dilemma's, great character development, zombie rulers, music that can kill and maim, and so much more!  Please check him out, see what else he has, because all of his works are excellent.  The link above will take you to the Amazon site, and its also available on e-book.

Lastly, this one is gonna be purely fun.  Check out the main Star Wars website for some good nerdy fun.  They have fun e-cards you can send to friends and family, previews of new Star Wars merchandise to be released, and discounts on official merchandise for you to snag!  The rest of the website is a great repository of information on all aspects of the movies and books, as well as articles on behind-the-scenes stuff with the movies and shows.  I'm sure if you're a fan, you've visited here before, but they are constantly updating with new and cool stuff.

Well, that will do it for me today.  I hope you all have a great weekend, and check in over the next few days for another writing exercise and some more helpful links!  As always, leave a comment or e-mail me and let me know what you'd like to see on here or if you have any suggestions for a writing exercise.  Until next time, godspeed and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

My photo
Hey everyone, and thanks for stopping at my small corner of the internet. I'm a budding writer, so I will be using this space to put useful writing links and tips, posting writing exercises, and any other thing that piques my interest. Hope you enjoy! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook: Twitter: @bczubinski, Pinterest: bczubinski, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/brandon.czubinski