Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Inspiration and Fun with the Internet

Hey everyone and welcome back!  Today I'd like to share few sites with some inspirational artists and some more writing tips!

First off, I'd like to show you the artwork of Jung Park.  The link leads to his personal blog where he showcases the various work he does.   A lot of it is for video games and Magic the Gathering.  He also teaches classes with Red Engine Studios on digital and video game art and posts his finished work.  He's got a really good eye for environments, especially post-apocolyptic and gritty futuristic scenes, and makes it look effortless.  Definitely check him out and follow his blog, you won't regret it.

This next one I found via Bob Vardeman's Twitter (@BobV451) yesterday.  It's called the Space Adventure Title Generator and is a lot of fun.  Set how many titles you'd like and chapter titles, and voila, instant book!  It's a lot of fun to play around with and even a great starting point for writing exercises.  Be warned, it's a really easy way to lose an hour or two.

Lastly, I'd like to show off this website I stumbled up again via Twitter a few days ago.  This one is from Grace Knight (@GraceKnight5) and is called Wattpad.  It's free to join, and it's a website where you can post your writings and help get feedback on your work.  It's a great tool to get started and help get beta readers if your family or friends aren't too keen on your brand of storytelling.  And if you do join, don't forget to read others' stories and give them feedback.  Best of all, you can take it with you on your iPhone with the free app.  Great website that I plan on using a lot in the future!!

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Godspeed and I hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

My photo
Hey everyone, and thanks for stopping at my small corner of the internet. I'm a budding writer, so I will be using this space to put useful writing links and tips, posting writing exercises, and any other thing that piques my interest. Hope you enjoy! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook: Twitter: @bczubinski, Pinterest: bczubinski, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/brandon.czubinski