Thursday, April 26, 2012

Welcome!

Hey everyone, and welcome to my blog!  It's still the process of adjustment and changes, but I wanted to share a few of my ideas for where this blog should go.

First, I plan to use this space as a way to document my writing exercises.  Like everything else in life, writing only gets better with practice!  I will be doing a weekly exercise, and if I'm feeling particularly inspired, maybe two or three.  I will scour the internet for interesting exercises and will post them here so you can join in on the exercises as well!

I also want to share links to useful information for writers.  Whether trying to publish, having troubling picking the right words for your work, or just general guidelines to let yourself go and not be too critical about yourself.  It isn't too far off that most people expect every piece of work to be a New York Times Bestseller, but all authors will tell you it takes a lot of patience, time and practice to reach that level.   As a writer, I always berated myself for my work not being of such a high caliber and would promptly rip out or delete anything I had written.  Only recently have I (with a lot of effort) begun to set aside my ego and just write because it is an activity I thoroughly enjoy.

Finally, I hope to recommend some stellar novels and other media to all of you!  I do not claim my tastes are the best thing since sliced bread, but maybe a few of the things I do enjoy will catch your eye and open you to a new world.  I'm a bibliophile through and through, and I am always looking for new books to read.  Please don't hesitate to recommend a book, game, movie or YouTube video that you think I may enjoy.  I'm also a gamer to an extent (when time permits) and am a huge fan of RPGs and tactical games.  However, I'm always open to a new experience and am willing to try some new stuff!

Thanks again for stopping by and check in later tonight for my first writing exercise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy!

My photo
Hey everyone, and thanks for stopping at my small corner of the internet. I'm a budding writer, so I will be using this space to put useful writing links and tips, posting writing exercises, and any other thing that piques my interest. Hope you enjoy! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook: Twitter: @bczubinski, Pinterest: bczubinski, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/brandon.czubinski